Florida at Ole Miss odds, picks and best bets
The SEC season opens for the Florida Gators and Ole Miss Rebels Saturday at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. Kickoff is at noon ET. We analyze the Florida-Ole Miss college football betting odds and lines, with picks and best bets.
Florida is ranked sixth in the Amway Coaches Poll.
Florida at Ole Miss: Betting odds and lines
- Money line : Florida -566 / Ole Miss +400
- Against the spread/ATS : Florida -13.5 (-110) / Ole Miss +13.5 (-110)
- Over/Under : 57.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Florida at Ole Miss: Three things to know
- Florida QB Kyle Trask enters his senior season as a preseason first-team All-SEC selection. He completed nearly 67% of his passes last season, averaging 8.3 yards per attempt.
- Florida has won 15 of its last 17 games, including two bowl games. The Gators have also won seven of their last eight games on the road dating back to the 2018 season.
- Ole Miss plans to use two quarterbacks this season: QBs Matt Corral and John Rhys Plumlee. Expect Corral to see more snaps given his superior passing.
Florida at Ole Miss: Odds, betting lines and picks
Florida 42, Ole Miss 21
Money line (ML)
FLORIDA (-556) opens this contest as a big money line favorite over the SEC-rival Ole Miss (+400). It's not all that surprising considering how hot the Gators were to end last season and with Mississippi losing five of its last six games to finish the 2019 season.
Ole Miss has lost five straight games to SEC opponents. Expect FLORIDA (-556) to win this game easily on Saturday afternoon.
New to sports betting? A $10 bet on Florida to win would return a profit of $1.80.
Against the spread (ATS)
FLORIDA -13.5 (-110) is a two-touchdown favorite over Ole Miss despite being on the road. The Gators have fared well against the spread, covering or pushing in eight of their last 10 contests.
Ole Miss is just 2-6-1 against the spread in its last nine games and hasn't had a ton of success ATS versus SEC opponents. Expect FLORIDA -13.5 (-110) to cover Saturday at Hollingsworth Field and for the winning margin to be by 20 or more points.
The total for this SEC contest is set at 57.5 points, which feels a bit low considering how good Florida's offense was to end the season. In their last four games of the 2019 season, the Gators averaged nearly 39 points per game. Ole Miss can put up points itself and should be a good bet to score a few touchdowns.
Look for the OVER 57.5 (-110) to hit in this contest with 60-plus points being scored.
- Gators legend Emmitt Smith: 'This is an opportunity for Florida to make a statement' (Gators Wire)
- Kyle Pitts is one of the most exciting players in the SEC, per PFF (Gators Wire)
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.