A fire destroyed a landmark gas station and convenience store on Interstate 70 in Saline County.
Officials say the fire broke out Friday night at Stuckey's, destroying the store and a Dairy Queen restaurant in the building.
Firefighters battled the flames for hours, and the westbound lanes of the interstate were closed for a couple of hours as crews battled the massive fire.
Fire officials say the fire began on a stove in the restaurant. All people inside the building when the fire began made it safely out.
One firefighter suffered heat exhaustion while fighting the flames.
The business opened decades ago and was a favorite stop for travelers between Columbia and Kansas City.