In a matter of weeks, the Missouri River Valley Steam Engine Association will hold its annual show at the Brady Showgrounds, September 7-10.
This year, the show will feature oddball and lesser known machinery classics.
“Along with the annual special feature, experience daily farm life from the turn of the 20th century through the mid-1900s. No where else will you find so much in one place that the entire family can enjoy together. Join MRVSEA as we take you Back To The Farm and demonstrate early American agriculture. There's something for everyone,” according to the MRVSEA.
Visitors will be able to experience old trades lost in time such as threshing with steam and gas, field demonstrations with tractors and horses, lumber sawing, straw baling with stationary baler, molasses making, antique engines and corn husking.
Individuals will also be able to enjoy live music, Brady farmhouse tours, historical life skills demonstrations, flea markets, quilting demonstrations, the kid’s train, petting zoo, craft demonstrations, general store, food concessions, rock crushing, blacksmithing and classic cars and trucks.
The Parade of Power will be held Thursday through Saturday at 1 p.m. each day.
The annual tractor cruise will begin on Friday, September 8, at 8 a.m.
Route: Approximately 48 miles
• Leave from Brady Show Grounds at 9 a.m.
• Travel Hwy. 98 to Boonville Main Street to Snoddy’s Store – 11 miles
• Travel Hwy. 87 from Boonville to Hwy. 187 to Boone’s Lick State Historic Site – 13 miles
• Lunch at Boone’s Lick State Historic Site
• Return to Boonville same route – 13 miles
• From Boonville Main St.; turn left on Locust St. (past David Barton Elementary School) to 11th St. Hwy. 87 to Hwy. 98 to Brady Show Grounds – 11 miles
“We will have a rest stop in the morning at Snoddy’s Store, lunch at Boone’s Lick State Historic Site, afternoon rest stop at David Barton Elementary School and a dinner ticket to Knights of Columbus BBQ at the Brady Show Grounds,” according to the MRVSEA.
Tickets are $30, which includes all meals.
To register contact, Marty or Paula James at 660-838-6000 or register the day of the cruise. Come early if not pre-registered.