Red Cross assisting family displaced by fire

A fire destroyed a home and its contents Monday morning at 525 Tenth Street. An investigation determined the cause of the fire to be an unattended candle in the bathroom.
Once the Boonville Fire Department arrived at the home, flames could be seen out the side, front and back of the home. The BFD extinguished the fire within 30 minutes.
No contents within the home could be saved.
The BFD contacted the Red Cross to assist the family who is now displaced.
According to a release from the Red Cross, two Boone County volunteers met at the scene with the clients, a young couple, their friend and five children ages 10, 12,   15 and two who are 13.
Red Cross volunteers provided financial resources for the clients to meet their immediate emergency needs with the purchase of food, clothing and a two-night stay in a local hotel. The family also received comfort kits, containing personal hygiene items, and referrals to partner agencies.