CHEWY MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES
• 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
• 2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
• 1 t Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
• 2 eggs
• 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
• 1/2 t baking soda
• 1/2 t salt
• 1 t cream of tartar
• 1 t cinnamon
• 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Cream the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer on a medium speed until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar and cinnamon and mix well. Stir in the macadamia nuts. Chill for two hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat an insulated cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 3 dozen.