Fireworks cause garage fire
Fireworks have been determined as the root cause of a garage fire Sunday afternoon at 1243 Grayling Street.
The Boonville Police Department responded to the fire, which did not take long to extinguish.
The fire began when a minor was shooting off fireworks. A total loss estimated at $40,000 was reported by the owner of the building. Contents in the garage included personal items and a car, which were all destroyed.
Boonville City Services helped in the cleanup efforts.
The Boonville Police Department is currently investigating the fire. Since a minor was involved in the incident the report has been turned over to the Cooper County Juvenile Office for further investigation
"This is why Boonville has an ordinance against shooting off fireworks within the city limits," Boonville Fire Chief Tim Carmichael said.