History Through the Years Series
25 years ago
• 36 degrees
• Power outage in Boonville appeared along the length of Main Street throughout the southern city limits. Alarms went off at two downtown banks but police could find no evidence of any forced entry and it was thought the false alarms might have to do with the power outage.
• The collision of two cars on I-70 after two inches of snow had fallen, resulted in a chain reaction involving a ten car, three truck pile up; there were no injuries.
• Lady Pirates lose their last home game to Higgensville with a final score of 58-33.
50 years ago
• 7 degrees
• Baptist Church starts building new Santa Fe Trail chapel.
• Postmaster Stanley H. Crian proposed the selling of the post office building to the city of Boonville as a municipal building.
• Pilot Grove FFA members begin to plan National FFA week to celebrate agriculture.
75 years ago
• 26 degrees
• Former Kemper Instructor, Major W. McGuffey Hoge, dies at age 81.
• Boonville school board reviews plans for new school program and building.
• Bunceton school plans are completed to rebuild new school after devastating fire.