Boonville's City Council convened on Monday evening. A brief summary is provided below. A more complete breakdown will be available shortly.
Monday's regularly-scheduled City Council meeting saw all members present, save Ward 2 Representative, Henry Hurt.
The citizen's comment portion, available to any area resident that wishes to opine, saw no topics addressed by any member of the Boonville public. Minutes from the Council's previous meeting were not amended, stood as presented and were approved.
Consent items, numbering three, were all approved. They are listed as follows:
1. Consider Pay Request No. 1 from J.C. Industries, Inc. in the amount of $100,580.67, for the State Fair Community College Parking Lot.
2. Consider Pay Request No. 2 (Final) from J.C. Industries, Inc. in the amount of $32,359.61, for the Main Street Sidewalk Program.
3. Consider Change Order No. 1 (Final) from J.C. Industries, Inc. in the amount of (CREDIT), for the Main Street Sidewalk Program.
Following a presentation of accounts and claims, new business was addressed. Considerations are as follows:
1. Consider Recommendations of Local Agency Funding Committee.
2. Consider Temporary Street (Alley) Closure from Sons of Mitch's Band for August 10, 2012.
3. Consider Temporary Street Closures and Parking Restrictions for the Festival of Lights .
4. Consider Resolution No. R2012-11 Accepting a Bid from J.C. Industries, Inc., for the Concrete Street Repairs 2012.
5. Consider Building Inspector Request to set Evidentiary Hearing Date.
6. First Reading of Bill No. 2012-021 Establishing the Tax Levy for Fiscal Year 2012-2013.
The Daily News will present a breakdown of these considerations in tomorrow's paper.