- Cherokee Nation ceremony at Blue Spring Creek
- Posted Jan. 25, 2013 midnight
- Chief Gray Elk with the Northern Cherokee Nation performed various sacred ceremonies near Blue Spring Creek. The Creek and land around it is now considered a holy area. Landowners and the Chief hope this stops the development of a sewage treatment plant that has been planning to come into the area.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition today and keep up with all the latest news and views from our community.
- Top Stories
- Bunny Long honored for service to Boonville
- Young girl donates hair to good cause
- American flags placed on veterans graves
- Pirates win 6-4 over St. Mary's in Class 4 quarterfinals
- Area team works to combat poverty
- Vehicle fire at C & R Market
- Parking violations
- Run for the Wall rides through Boonville
- Exchange student bids farewell
- Kelly pitches Sturgeon past New Franklin 3-2 in quarterfinals
- Boonville-St. Mary's game will start at 5 p.m.
- Read more top stories